Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!


This is a picture Don took today as we headed out to check out the Arts on the Square, a part of our Celebration of Freedom each year. It was very hot, so we didn't stay very long. I thank God for Air Conditioning. I thank Him for our troops, too. I was a military brat, so I certainly appreciate all the troops mean to us. We spent 6 years in Japan as my dad was in the Air Force. The second time we were there, my brother got to come to the same base as he was in the Air Force by then. My sister met her husband there that time, too. I go to reunions with the 'kids' I went to school with there every other year. It was really meaningful time to me.

Don is doing better and better. He is building strength and we're very pleased with his progress. Of course he'd like to be feeling 100% right NOW, but we're working on patience, too. :) We go back to see his doctor on Wednesday. Maybe he will let him drive? I'm sure he'd rather be behind the wheel than ride with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment