Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

This is a picture I took of Nate and his girlfriend, Megan, when they were here last Thanksgiving. They are coming, again, on Wednesday. Wednesday morning we have to take Don to the doctor for a check up; then Nate and Megan will come in the afternoon. We are buying Trish and Rob's Astro and letting Nate have our Astro. It's a good van and I love it, but it has too many miles on it to take across the country. We're thinking we may need something to drive to Tennessee because the guy who works on our cars can't seem to get the Venture to run 'cool.' We're afraid it's going to be a big hairy issue, so we're trading Astros with the Oglesby clan. Our Astro is too old to sell, but it's good wheels for Nate. We look forward to seeing Nate and Megan. They're going to leave early and come hike around the Quartz mountains until we get done with Don's appointment with the doctor. I can hardly wait to see them. Oops; I've got to clean out our Astro tomorrow!

I got herbs thrown for 30 days tonight. I'll package them tomorrow. It feels good to have the hardest part done.

I thank God for our veterans; the men and women who really take a stand for our freedom. I also thank God that I had the opportunity to be brought up in a military home. I think it was great training for me and made patriotism very real for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment