Sunday, June 23, 2013

A silver lining.

Sorry this post is so late tonight!  We just got home from a day in Oklahoma City.  One of Lee's friends passed away this week and his funeral was today.   Obviously, it's so sad to give up a dear friend, but the silver lining to a funeral is getting to see more good friends and precious family.  After the funeral we went over to visit with Krissy, Lee's daughter, and her daughter, Peyton, and her son, Bryce.  Bryce is the one who had major surgery on his skull on March 4th. and we praise God that he is doing perfectly.  He will turn one on Tuesday of this week.  We had the best time seeing them, although we missed the rest of the family.  We'll catch them on July 7th when we go for Bryce's birthday party.  Let me tell you, he is one precious boy, but he is HEAVY! I had to hug him quick and get Lee to get some fast pics before I had to jump up into his arms and let him carry me!  You can tell I was loving this hug!  I got some great pictures of Lee with Bryce and of his sister, Peyton, too.  The event of a funeral is sad, but I thank God for the blessings that go with it.

Our dear friend, Dorothy went with us and spent the day with her sister.  We always love sharing time with Dorothy, so that was an extra silver lining.  When it comes right down to it we have to give thanks for the impact that Dan Hardy had on our lives, too.  I didn't know him for long, but he's been a friend in Lee's family for years.  I think he's nearly like family.  He had been sick for the last several years and had suffered intensely for the last 10 years, so he was ready to go and we were all ready to see his suffering end.  Life is not always pretty, but there is always something pretty about it.  Sometimes that pretty part or the silver lining is kind of like finding Waldo . . . not easy, but such a thrill when you find it.  God bless!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could hug Bryce! He is sooooo precious! Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a precious little guy. Actually, he's not so little; he's heavy, but he is way huggable!

    ReplyDelete