Saturday, June 29, 2013

Magnolia heyday!

I've lost count of how many magnolia blooms I've cut off my little tree this year, but I am so pleased with it and proud of it!  I thank God for blessing me with their beauty and fragrance!  I also thank God for giving me the opportunity to feel good and enjoy these blooms, as well as everything else that comes in life.  I feel richly blessed!

Tonight I'm making some sugar free cookies because I'm out of them and also a sugar free pie so we can have it for dessert tomorrow after church.  I've already got beans and cornbread and squash made for lunch, so the dessert is all I'm lacking.  Dorothy likes good down home cooking, so she'll be happy with beans and cornbread.  The pie will make it all special and we'll feel like that, too.  I'm glad we're all easy to please!  I sure thank God for Dorothy in our lives, too.  She's such a delight and she sure enhances our lives.  She'll be 90 in August, so we know we are so blessed to have time to share with her.  I hope I don't forget to get pics of us with Dorothy tomorrow; maybe writing this will help to burn it into my brain!

2 comments:

  1. Good picture with your magnolia blooms!! What day in August is Dorothy's birthday? Have a great Sunday! Love you and looking forward to seeing you and Lee in September! Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda. Dorothy's birthday is August 11th. Lee and I are so looking forward to our visit with you two, too! Time's flying! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete