Friday, June 21, 2013

Headed to the wedding last week.

This was actually two weeks ago tomorrow, when we were headed to Lee's granddaughter's wedding.  I've shared lots of other pics since then and this was the complete pic that Mary got of us before we left for the wedding.  Lee put his jacket on when we got out of the truck, but he skipped the tie when he saw lots of other folks dressed very casually.  Anyway, we survived dressing up; we're really a couple of pretty casual sort of folks, so we were glad to see others dressed casually.

We took a picnic to Dorothy's house for lunch today.  I candled her ears while we were there.  She's such a joy; we love opportunities to be around her.  Today is the longest day of the year; wow, time sure flies!

The middle school principal called to talk to me about a job teaching 8th grade English next year.  It's only for 3 classes a day, so it would have been ideal.  The problem is that I already have travel planned for us from the middle of August until the middle of October and from Jan. 4 through spring break.  Life at this point is more about enjoying family time than working.  I would love to have had this position, but I'm not willing to cancel all our trips for it.  Had I know ahead of time, I could have planned our travel differently.  That's how life goes:  it doesn't always fit perfectly and we have to make choices.  I told her that if she finds someone who wants to relay the position with me, I'll do it, but I doubt if that will happen.  I was honored to be considered, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment