Monday, June 24, 2013

Blooms galore!


Blooms, blooms, blooms!  I'm a happy camper!  It's so fun having bloom after bloom on my little magnolia tree.  I thank God for it.  I consider it a big, big blessing.  When we lived in Oklahoma City there was a magnolia tree inside the atrium just off our bedroom.  I loved it and climbed up onto the roof to cut the blooms of of it.  When we moved from Oklahoma City Don always bought a magnolia tree for me to plant in the yard of whatever house we had because he knew how much I loved that magnolia tree.  When we moved into this house, I planted a little magnolia out front and after a few years the wind blew so hard that it broke the tree off and there was nothing left but what looked like a broken broom handle.  I watered and fertilized it, believing that there was a good root system under that 'stick.'  Sure enough, the tree grew from that stick and it has bloomed every year.  This is it's best blooming year, so I'm really pleased beyond words!  It's one of those connections with Don that I will always treasure.  Bless Lee's heart; he's not threatened by that and he loves the blooms, too.

I played computer geek tonight and managed to get Lee's printer working!  It had been not working for about 3 months.  I'd worked and worked with it and finally got it working tonight.  Yay me!  I'm amazed.  I think God really did it because I have no clue how I managed it; I know he had to lead me and knew that I was about at the end of my patience with that thing!  It's a great printer and I'm so pleased that it's working, again.  Sometimes it comes in so handy to have a printer!    He knew I needed His help!

We go for my treatment tomorrow.  I'm so blessed that it's an easy process that we can accomplish just an hour away from home.  God is so good!

2 comments:

  1. They are beautiful, but I would be sneezing up a storm!!! :-) Love you! Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Jilly. I think of you every day and am glad you don't have to smell them. Lee and I love their fragrance, though, so it's the only good thing about you not being here. I'm enjoying them so much! Love you and miss you, though. If you were here I'd gladly leave them on the tree. :)

    ReplyDelete