Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Echinaceas make me smile, too.

Here are the echinacea!  Today I cut about 5 more and added to this arrangement, so it's getting even prettier and pinker.  That gray 'greenery' is artemisia; I love it for giving body to an arrangement.  Those echinacea would look lonely in a vase by themselves!   The magnolia bloom on the table is getting brown spots and wrinkling . . . sounds too familiar, but I still love it.  The new ones aren't ready to cut, yet, so I'm going to enjoy this one until the leaves fall completely.

Lee and I worked in the iris patch for hours this morning.  We got about 1/3 of them done.  It's time to trim the greens.  Man, that's hard on the back, but it was sure wonderful to have a great helper!  I remember doing it by myself last year and that was a bummer.  We still have more to do, but we still have able bodies and we thank God for that!  I came in and took a nap and I'm good for the evening.

It's 101 here right now, so we got over winter, finally.  I think there was no spring; we just slipped right into summer.  I'm okay with that.  Cancer doesn't like heat, so I do all the heat I can take and thank God for it!

2 comments:

  1. wow ! 102 degrees !!! that is hotter than Orlando ! glad all is well with you and Lee ! Hugs !
    Nsncy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will get hotter, Nancy! We do hot summers, here, so we're bracing for it. I love it and thank God for it. It's not nearly as humid as back east, so it's not that bad and the wind helps to keep us 'cool.' (Wind on our sweat, you know.) I hope this means you're getting the blog in your mail. Let me know if you're not!

    ReplyDelete