Thursday, June 13, 2013

Chihuly!

I'll post another picture tomorrow of Lee and I standing in front of this Chihuly tower.  This is a picture including Steve and Mary, who are great friends.  We stayed at their house last Saturday night and we joined them at the art museum for Sunday Brunch.  This awesome Chihuly tower is in the very front.  Mary nearly stood on her head to take a picture attempting to get all of the tower in the picture, and I'll post that picture tomorrow.  This one with them in it is my favorite, though.  These friends go back over 25 years with me.  Steve and I share the same birthday, year and all and he and Lee went to the same high school, so we have a lot in common.  We've vacationed together from Hawaii (several times) to Branson (several times) and we've covered a lot of territory besides that, too.  They are avid birders and it's so fun to go anywhere with them because we never miss a bird when they're with us!  I thank God for terrific friends like these two.  They went on the cruise with me the winter after Don died and they even drove to Galveston.  They took me to my first MDA appointment without Don.  They've just been so good to me and I'll never forget it.  They were the first of my friends too meet Lee, too.  I probably should write a book about them and how much they mean in my life.  Thank you, Steve and Mary and thank you, God for them!  By the way; I have to admit I never heard of Chihuly until Steve and Mary introduced me to it last weekend!  They bring class to my life, too!  :)

I'm caught up in the NBA finals and the half time is over, so I'm out of here.  Go, fight, win, Spurs!  (I sure wish it was the Thunder, but I'll settle for the Spurs to win it.)

6 comments:

  1. Ha...excellent post MJ. Yes, its all coming back to me. This Steve person has EXCELLENT taste. He is a fan of my two favorite artists (Frida Kahlo and Chihuly). I have stopped here quite a few times on the way to Tulsa...JUST to visit Dale one more time. You liked the rest of his exhibit, didn't you MJ? Did you lay on the floor in the ceiling room? Thanks for posting this for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't go in to see the rest of the exhibit; next time! Must I lay on the floor in the ceiling room? I can do that if someone will help me back up off the floor. :) I'll post another tomorrow; the one where Mary was nearly standing on her head to get the pic; I wish I had a picture of her taking that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so nice you have such wonderful friends !
    Never heard of Chihuly...but I like the name for sure. ...I have heard of Frida, via Dana ....
    Night night all....I am loving getting the email notifications so I can keep up with you ! Hugs to you and Lee
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, so glad you're on the email list and keeping up! Dana will get us classed up a bit in spite of herself! Ha! Thanks for the hugs! We'll take them and send some back to you!

      Delete
  4. WHAT???? you didn't go inside? I will not be able to sleep tonight knowing that. I'm just as cheap and thrifty as you are MJ, but that one I paid for..lol. No you don't have to lay on the floor but it looks pretty cool from down there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana, we were just there to eat. There wasn't time to go inside. I promise I'll go in the next chance I get! I'll even lay on the floor; don't want to miss anything. Lee will help me up off the floor. :)

      Delete