Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I love this magnolia!

Many magnolia trees around town were in full bloom before we left for Branson, so I was so afraid I was going to miss mine blooming.  But, I looked yesterday and this bud was on my tree!  I brought it right in and have enjoyed it so much.  It smells delicious!  Then my cousin posted a picture of about a dozen blooms in a milk bucket and it was gorgeous, but I'm still proud of my one!  There are at least 15 more buds on my tree, so there will be lots more blooms.  I hope they don't all bloom on the same day, but I'm glad I'm home to see their show!  I thank God and praise Him for this kind of abundant beauty in my life!  I don't know of any need for the magnolia except for my sheer pleasure and I so thank God for that!  (That bow with the magnolia is from an arrangement that Gretta sent me on Mothers' Day several years ago.  Most people would throw away such a thing, but I love enjoying it in arrangement after arrangement!  That 'group hug' candle holder beside the magnolia Gretta gave to me at some time in the past.  I love it and enjoy it every day.  It represents lots of group hugs in my life and I treasure the memories.  Poor Gretta is allergic to the fragrance of the magnolia, but it doesn't bother her bow a bit.  GRIN.)

Today Lee's brother, Dan, came by for a visit while he was doing some business in Altus.  We were so thrilled to have him here!  The guy came who services the water system on the house, too, so our water is in good shape.  It's been fun to have a little company.  Now, back to details; things to follow up on from the mail that goes for miles around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment