Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Three magnolia blooms today!

Today was the day!  THREE blooms were open on the magnolia tree.  This is just a little tree, mind you.  I'm so pleased to be here to catch these blooms!  Today we trimmed a red bud tree that wants to take over the driveway; it looks much better and will leave Lee's truck alone when we come and go, now.

It was in the low 90's today, so it was a perfect day, weather wise.   I'm a happy, happy camper.

I woke up with plantar fasciitis this morning!  YIKES!  This will slow down my pace a bunch.  I guess God knows I go too fast.  I've got to be really careful not to fall; the pain comes on with no warning, so what a tricky deal.  I'm exercising and stretching my calf muscles; that's supposed to help.  I do pretty good until out of the blue the pain hits; man, what a deal.  There's always some adjustment to make.  This is just another one.  I never heard of plantar fasciitis until I got up with this pain this morning and looked it up on the internet.  I have a classic case, so it's easy to identify.  So, if you never heard of it, look it up and be braced in case you are hit with it.  This aging is sure some trip!

4 comments:

  1. You've got that right little sister!! We constantly wonder what is so "golden" about the "golden years". I saw a Dr. today and shared that thought, and he agreed that they sure have that backwards somehow. He also told me it would get worse! Now wasn't he full of good news!! Hope your pf gets better! Love the beautiful magnolias! You need my magnolia bowl to put them in since I lost my tree in the move last year! Love you! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruthie, Lee and I figured out that the golden years term comes from the gold that the medical industry gets; doctors, pharmacies, etc.! Nice of your doc to be so agreeable with you; I guess you don't want him to lie to you, but he might take some lessons in diplomacy? At least I'm having a good magnolia year! Love you!

      Delete
  2. I've had pf recently and went to the foot dr. They gave me exercises. They had shoe inserts I could buy but I found Dr. Sholls(sp?) were just as good and cheaper. The main thing they said was to never go bare footed again even walking through the house. My foot is back to normal now and I certainly don't want to go through that again especially since I love going for walks. Doris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doris, for giving me hope! I'm doing the exercises and tomorrow I'll start with ice. I have some shoe inserts that I think will help. I just hate to have to wear shoes, but I hate this pain worse. I never go bare footed, but I wear crocs all the time. I'll dig out the shoes and inserts tomorrow as well as the ice. Thanks for giving me hope; back to normal sounds wonderful!

      Delete