Monday, June 17, 2013

The Pond!

I got this pic of Lee with Mary and Steve at their pond.  They have a bunch of goldfish in there who survive over the winter, even when the pond freezes on top.  I'm amazed at that!  Notice the pretty flowers on top of the pond; pink and white ones.  Again, I'm amazed!

I finished trimming back all the irises in the whole yard today.  I get overwhelmed with one thing like irises and Steve and Mary have a whole yard that is a garden!  They sure deal with it better than I do.  Their yard is beautiful!  I'm so glad that the irises are done.  When I get some time and energy I need to divide some of the irises and find someone who wants some more.  Maybe I'll plant some more in the patches that were taken over by weeds.  I need to fill in something before the weeds return!  I love these challenges that God gives; these are a joy to face.  Some other challenges are not so fun, but I'm enjoying the flower and yard challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment