Sunday, August 4, 2013

65 is a Wonderful Birthday!


I had made a roast beef dinner a couple of weeks ago when Lee's son and daughter-in-law were here.  The leftovers I put into the freezer, so today we had all that for mine and Dorothy's birthday dinner.  Today was my 65th birthday and next Sunday is Dorothy's 90th birthday.  That was close enough for the two of us to celebrate!  I forgot to make our favorite pie, so this morning I mixed up a batch of what we call pink salad and we were going to call that desert.  (Dorothy and I are EASY!)  At church, one of my dear, dear, friends handed me a card and that little loaf of zucchini bread that you see in the picture.  I said, "Perfect!  Now, we'll have birthday cake!"  Indeed we did; we had zucchini bread with pink salad on the side and it thrilled both of us and Lee, too.  I told you we are EASY!  If I live to be 90 I sure hope I can look as great as Dorothy does and, oh, to be as sharp as she is!  Notice the candle is a 5; all that means is that it's a candle; Dorothy can't see and I don't care, so we were tickled pink and Lee thought it was funny!  Yep; EASY!

I thank God for giving me 65 wonderful years and lots of wonderful family and friends to brighten my life. It's been a wonderful birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment