Monday, August 12, 2013

Always Hope!

Lee and I just drove around the park this morning and didn't see any sign of the herons.  (He has a sore foot, so he's not walking.) We haven't seen the herons for a week or more, so I really thought they had abandoned the nest.  I walked this evening by myself and there was a heron in the nest!  I walked around the lake and there was another one in a tree across from the nest; when I was scrambling to get my camera he flew back toward the nest! Then a third one flew from another direction, as if to say, "Don't give up on us!"  I was so excited, I couldn't get home quick enough to tell Lee. Of course he doesn't care so much about the birds, but he likes to see me all excited.  Now, I'm a sweaty mess and I'm headed to the tub. Hopefully, I'll put on my favorite lounging garb and do some laundry before bed.  Woo hoo!  I'm all excited about seeing the herons, again!

I've been working on bookwork and details today.  I hate that kind of stuff, but I did manage to make some headway.  It feels better to get some things organized.  There are medical bills coming in from Houston, Lawton and Branson, all places where I get treatments, so I have to deal with all of them.  I'm so relieved to be on Medicare and know that I'm not going to build up anymore huge bills.  Whew! It feels so good to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I mean I paid and paid, but the bills kept getting bigger; now, I can pay them down and off!  Whew!  I thank God for getting me through this and giving me the brain power to do it and the health to make it worth it!  God is great!

I feel like that pic above; if I can get cleaned up I'll look like it.  I took it the other night talking to Dorothy.  By the way, Dorothy turned 90 yesterday!  We had a huge thunderstorm last night in the middle of the night and lightning struck her house! Everything went dead; no lights no phone, no nothing and she can't see, anyway! She's so wise, though.  She wears a lifeline and she just punched the button and they answered.  She told them what happened and asked them to call her grandson and the fire department.  She was afraid a fire would start on that old house where the lightning hit.  Her grandson was there before the fire department was.  There was nothing burning and they got her power back on within a couple of hours.  She's just fine and everything is back working in her house. She doesn't think she lost anything!  Praise God!  What a birthday to remember!

2 comments:

  1. always fun to read your blog MJ !
    xxxxx0000000 nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nancy! It means a lot to me to know that you're out there somewhere pulling for me! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete