Sunday, August 18, 2013

Bigger than Life?


This pic is so big; it looks like I'm looking in one of those concave (or is it convex?) mirrors.  I would look it up, but I've spent too much time attempting to load pix I took today.  Nothing is working, so I'm using yesterday's pic of a fun lunch with Terri.

Today was wonderful, we enjoyed church services and lots of visiting with great Christian friends from all the times I've been here for treatments.  They are really wonderful.  Also Doris and Jerry's younger son and his wife and boys were able to come over and spend the afternoon with us.  That was awesome!  I got pix, but I can't get them to download for some reason.  Ugh.  I'll keep snapping and keep working with it, but not tonight.  I thank God for the precious time!

Testing starts in the morning at 7:30, so we'll get up at 5 to get in there on time.  God is in control and I'm so grateful for that knowledge!

4 comments:

  1. These are great pictures of you and Terri! So glad you got to meet with her, and spend time at Doris and Jerry's home! Praying for good test results! I know God will provide a positive result for you because he loves you so! I do too! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Linda. This is such a fun time with Doris and Jerry and a lunch on the run with Terri is always a treat, too! One of the best things about this cancer has been the good times we've shared with Doris and Jerry and their boys and their families. It's been a treat and we've gotten so much closer than we would have without the cancer and the demand to be here so much. They've been so gracious! They all accept and love Lee so much and that is special to me, too! Last night at church they were playing a film about this guy whose wife of 49 years died and he was telling of the devastation he felt and then of how he fell in love with and married his second wife. I was sitting on one side of Lee and Doris was on the other side of him. I just reached over and patted him on the knee and he reached back and patted me on the knee. Doris reached over and patted him on the other knee. :) That was really so sweet. Lee and I were touched because we felt like we'd been through that man's experience; it was neat to us that Doris was touched because she felt it for us. Of course she lost her brother, so she lost her brother and before him their other brother and their sister, as well as their parents. She knows loss, but losing Don was special, as losing Phyllis was to Lee. Anyway, we've had special moments and we know we are blessed. Yours and Tom's love for Lee is special, too. We are anxious to see you. Thanks for your love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not "so" but "as" where 'as she lost her other brother and before him their sister.'

      Delete
  3. love that story above ....
    nancy

    ReplyDelete