Saturday, August 31, 2013

Couple of Old Goats at Ft. Davis.

We were walking toward the commissary at Ft. Davis and ran upon these two.  They were doing their best to get a picture of Lee and I, a couple of old goats!  I fooled them, though, and got a pic of them. Poor Lee.  He would love it if I was a shopping lady who liked to go buy lots of trinkets, but getting a pic of a couple of goats thrills me lots more.

Today we drove all over Phoenix.  On our way out I saw a hillside with a trail going up it and said, "Look at that trail!"  He said, "Have you been on that?"  I said, "No, but I'd love to go on it."  We drove on down into Scottsdale and saw lots of shops.  We passed numerous huge shopping centers and he kept saying, "Don't you see anyplace you'd like to stop and see?"  If I live to be 800 and never have to go shopping I'll be so glad.  I suspect he'd like to spoil me, but I'd way rather he just turn me loose to go hiking.  He's not very agile, so I think hiking is out for him.  I'm thankful that he gives me space to go hike as I like, but hiking around a shopping center is just not a fun thing to me.

I remembered the camera today, but forgot the card for it; left that in the laptop from the last download. That's a shame because I could and should have gotten some good pix today.  If I can pull him away from the TV we can go get some pix around here before it gets dark.  We leave for Vegas in the morning.   This has been a special week; we'd both like to come here, again.  I thank God for special times like this to share with each other and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment