Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I Love Cut Flowers!

This was Sunday morning as I admired my cuttings from my front flower bed.  The gray is artemesia, which I got a start from a little neighbor lady when we first moved to Hobart 17 years ago.  I love it for a filler with my other flowers.  The pink ones are echinacea or purple coneflowers  they've been in my garden since the first year I lived in this house 14 years ago, as well as the little daisies.  They all come back every year and I love them!  I thank God for these simple treasures in my life.

Today we went for the evaluation of my cataracts.  They will schedule my surgery for one eye on the 17th of October and the other one on the 24th; woo hoo!  I got to use my medicare card and my supplement for the first time!

Then we stopped and I was able to get some sweet potato vine to put into my front planter box.  I hope I can get it to live and survive in there.  That box has looked pathetic for most of the 14 years we've lived here.  We'll see.  Everywhere I've looked for the vine it was all sold out, but I found this today and got a tray on sale, even. We'll see how I do with it.  I've got milk jugs 'planted' in there to fill with water and hope to keep them moist when we're gone.  Of course Joan will water, too, but I don't want her to have to water every day.

2 comments:

  1. I swear you look more beautiful with every year! It must be attitude. Love you, Doris

    ReplyDelete