Monday, August 26, 2013

Need Some Photography Lessons!

Drat!  I thought I had such a good picture here, but the light was too bright behind us.  Pat and Jim's house is so beautiful and the porch seemed like a lovely spot for a pic; I  should have had us on the other end of the porch, I guess.  Anyway, these are the folks who so graciously welcomed us to their home and showed us all over Las Cruces!   (Pat, then Jim, then me, then Lee)  We had such a wonderful time!

We moved on to tour Tucson today and scouted out the house I lived in when I lived there as a freshman in high school.  Wow; times change!  It was fun, and then we came on to Phoenix, where we checked into a really lovely place in one of the suburbs.  We checked in, went and got groceries for the week and then came back to unpack and do laundry and haircuts.  I've got my haircut yet to go, but I'll do it as soon as I finish this blog.  Then bath and bed.  Ahhhhhhh.  I'm so ready to hit this bed!  I'm really ready for a haircut, too.  Lee and I both had gotten really woolly and he looks so sharp, now that he has his haircut.  I thought he looked sharp already, but a haircut is a great lift!

We've enjoyed so much noting God's handiwork with the different geography.  And, we thank Him for giving us a safe trip as we drive and admire His imagination and work!  We thank God for the health and energy to make this trip, too.  It is so great to visit with friends and family.  Indeed they are the gems that make us wealthy!  Sorry to be so late posting, but it's only 11:11 pm in this time zone where we are living today!

2 comments:

  1. It's a great pic no matter the background! It's so nice to get a glimpse of our great friends! You all look wonderful, and I'm so glad you are enjoying your trip! Love U! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruthie! Thank you for sharing Pat and Ji with us, too! We had the best time! Missed YOU, but looking forward to when we can all get together; hopefully NOV! Love you!

    ReplyDelete