Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Early Morning Walk.

Roll out of bed, put in the contacts, pull on the shoes and some walking clothes, grab the walking sticks, and off we go!  It's a lot better than walking in the heat of the day.  Of course, we didn't get up until 9 this morning, so it was getting warm.  By the time we got home and cooled down it was nearly 11 when we had brunch.  It works for us and I've been over 3 miles today.  I love summers!   We've had fun watching the heron family this summer, but there have been several days now that we haven't seen them at all.  They must be adventuring.  In all the years I've lived here, I've always seen herons, so I think some of them will be back; I just don't know when.  I think they think I'm one of them because I have the same skinny legs as them (the walking sticks).  :)  We've seen folks fishing at the lake, so we're hoping there are still fish in there.  We do see lots of turtles.  The herons were on the side hunting something, so there's something alive in there besides turtles.  I thank God for a wonderful opportunity to watch nature as we get some exercise.  Walking to the park is sure better than walking on the treadmill!  (Note:  We did see the white egret today, which I've learned is a part of the heron family.  I'm happy that someone in the heron family is still in our midst.)

No comments:

Post a Comment