Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Road Ready

We spent the day in Lawton; we went to have the brakes and tires checked.  Sure enough we needed and bought two new tires and new brakes.  So, we're ready to hit the road.  We'll do just that tomorrow and go see Lee's oncologist in OKC.   Hopefully, we'll connect with some grandkids and I won't forget to take pix!

The first day of school here is Thursday and I had a message on the phone that they need a sub already for Thursday!  I've got to get ready to go to Houston and all parts west, so I'll call tomorrow and tell them I won't be available.  I'm really in shock.  It's nice to be needed and I thank God for the opportunity to work.  I really love the kids, too, so I'll look forward to subbing later in the fall.

Time to hit the bed so we can get up early in the morning.  Happy back to school, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. We were not aware that Lee had/needed an oncologist. Is he ok? We so hope so! xoxo, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, Lee had prostate cancer and treatment in 2010. This was just a follow up visit and he came out with flying colors. His PSA was almost nonexistent and he was thrilled! We're free to hit the road! Love you!

      Delete
  2. Sure glad you're ready cause we're really ready to see you! Doris

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're anxious to get there Doris! See you soon! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete