Friday, August 30, 2013

I Do Not Know.

I don't know what kind of yucca this is, but it's a BIG one and there are lots of them in west Texas! This pic was taken at Fort Davis.  Behind me you can see the officers' quarters at the fort.  There are also the great cliffs behind me; I love those cliffs!  That yucca is like a tree!

This is what they call monsoon season in Phoenix.  It's pretty cool.  I lived in Tucson for a year and they talked about monsoon season, but I thought they were being sarcastic.  I think of monsoons being weather like they have in Asia when it's really rainy.  Well, this is the desert and if they get a thunderstorm they call it a monsoon!  It's pretty awesome to watch the weather.  We are in a great place for watching; we have a balcony off our suite and a great view.  I guess I should take some pix out there.

The weather folks probably get tired of saying it's going to be sunny and hot, so they get all excited when it's a little windy and when they get rain.  We get excited at home over the least little rain, but wind is real common to us.  It's just fun to watch the difference in reporting.

I thank God for the opportunity to see the differences and I thank Him for giving us so much variety. This trip has been really fun in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment