Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Favorite View at Big Cedar.

This is one of my favorite views looking down from the Falls Lodge at Big Cedar.  Notice the new wedding chapel they've built on the right.  This place is really special.  I thank God for some nice warm days to enjoy the beauty.  The cold days are great, too, but I'm so busy shivering that I forget to take pix and fully enjoy!

We enjoyed getting to see folks at church that we always see when we come here.  They make this feel like home away from home.  I even met a lady from Clinton who knows friends of ours there.  I also met a lady from Mangum, which is also near Hobart (as Clinton is).  It felt like old home week.

After church we came home and napped instead of going out and enjoying the warmth.  It was in the 60's but the wind was brutal like at home, so we enjoyed a good nap.  I insist that God made naps for healing, and I don't intend to leave any healing on the table if I can help it!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Great picture! Phil really enjoyed retracing his driving trips around Big Cedar. The wedding chapel was being built when we were there in October. Thanks for the trip around memory lane! See you soon! Love, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chapel is finished and so is the new bridge; I guess you saw it? I think it was finished when you were here. We watched as they were working on it today. We love it here and can't wait until you get here! Love you!

    ReplyDelete