Monday, January 27, 2014

I'm Not Very Disciplined.

This is a pic I got this morning before we left for church.  That's Lee in the back with the three of us and Phil in the front.  We had a wonderful day and then Pat and Jim got here this afternoon.  We've visited and played cards all night.  We're just turning in.  It'll be earlier than last night, but we've got to get a handle on this night owl stuff!

Today was a gorgeous day.  It was 68 here!  Tomorrow it's supposed to get brutal, again, though. We've got wonderful company to share the time, so I'm not complaining.  I'm just giving thanks to God for this awesome visit!

Just thinking as I look at this pic:  Phil has had 3 strokes.  Lee had 3 heart attacks, open heart surgery and prostate cancer.  Ruthie lives with MS.  Sissy had 3 stints put in 4 years ago, and I live with stage 4 breast cancer.  We lost Don and Lee's wife, Phyllis, Sissy's husband, Ed, and our brother, Jim. We've had some tough times but we are the survivors and I thank God that we have each other and opportunities to share time.  We are blessed with treasures and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment