Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The New Year Begins!

This is a good pic I got of Chris, Bryce's Daddy.  Bryce's cousin, Julia (and another of Lee's granddaughters) is holding him.  He's such a good little guy; he's everybody's buddy!

I tried on clothes and altered a bunch today and tonight.  I've gained about 10 pounds this year, so lots of things that did fit, don't.  I had a bunch of things I'd never taken down to that size, so I took them down to the current size today.  Some things just needed hemming.  I've always got a bunch of stuff that needs altering.  It was cool tonight to be able to see to thread the machine!  I love this having no cataracts!  Trish had given me a bag of hand me downs when we were in the city and I tried them to see if I could wear anything.  Of course everything was too long.  So, while I was in the mood to alter, I got busy and did a bunch.  Hand me downs are great; I've been wearing them my whole life, and nothing ever fits right that I buy, so I'm always altering whatever I wear.  I wonder what people who don't sew do?

Anyway, I thank God to be able to see!  I also thank Him that the peripheral neuropathy that I had with chemo reversed, so I can use my hands!  (Also I don't have the horrible pains that I had in my legs and feet!) I feel so much better now than I did when I was going through chemo!  It was 7 years ago that I was diagnosed with breast cancer and there have been some tough times, but I've lived 7 years.  That's a lot and I thank God for those 7 years.  I thank Him for the good times and the memories I treasure.  God blesses with abundance!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment