Friday, January 3, 2014

Details Get Hairy.

This is a pic I got of Lee with Peyton when we were there on Christmas Day.  It's hard to measure those smiles, but I can see that they are both happy to share some time!

Today has been kind of hectic, fine tuning details for our trip.  Direct TV says you can watch whatever you've subscribed to even when you're away from home.  Well, they take a lot of license with that promise. In fact, it's no promise at all; just a lure.  The truth is that we'll miss a lot of Thunder games while we're gone. I guess it's a good thing they gave away the last two games they played because it helps me to not be so devastated top miss their games.  I don't mind missing it if they're going to squander the games.  By the time the finals are played the major stations will be carrying them and we'll see those games.

There have been other details to cover and we've gotten most of it done.  Tomorrow I'll go give Dorothy a haircut and she'll be good for a while; maybe she can make it until we get home.  We'll also to to see a good friend whose husband passed yesterday.  That's a sad detail; Lee and I will miss the funeral because it's Monday and we'll be testing at MD Anderson that day.  As we get older we lose more and more people we know and love; I never get used to that!  I thank God for precious people in our lives, though.  The time we have is a gift and I thank Him for it.

2 comments:

  1. What time is your appointment on Monday? I'll try to meet you guys there!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You've got to be kidding! I start at 6 to draw blood. and go on until my last appointment is at noon. So, any time you get there will work. However, we don't see the doc until Tuesday at 9. Maybe you'd rather come then and hear what he has to say? I'm so glad you wrote. I was getting ready to write to you! Glad you're home! Love you!

    ReplyDelete