Saturday, January 25, 2014

I'm Not Real Sure . . .


. . . but I think this is the hairy woodpecker.  I bought this suet holder and suet because I thought we might attract some birds while we're here.  Sure enough we had slate colored juncos, a titmouse and these woodpeckers.  The first one came the first day and the second one came the second day.  I was so thrilled to get the pix.  The juncos and titmouse were too skittish for me to get a pic of them.  I believe the first woodpecker is the female and the second one is the male because he has the bright red spot on his head.  Steve and Mary would know and I could look it up, but I haven't had time to do that.  I just thank God for sending them and for their patience with me to get the pix!

We moved today to a different resort.  That's not so bad, but it was time to get groceries, too.  That gets to be a chore, because I have to clean all the veggies, etc.  It's just a lot of standing and walking, but I can do it and I give thanks for that.  We'll all sleep like babies tonight, though!

Ruthie and Phil got here about 7, I think.  It's so fun to be together with them and Sissy!  Phil has fun comparing notes about how the three of us are alike.  It's like when the shuttle driver, yesterday, thought Sissy and I were twins.  That was too cool.  We aren't that much alike, but evidently he thought we were.  We sure get along good and are having a great time.

We have a balcony that's about 3 times the size of the one we had at the last place.  I've hung the suet holder out there and I've got some cornbread I'm going to share, too.  I made a fresh batch tonight, so they get last week's left over cornbread.  The lake is beautiful and I'm looking forward to more birds here.  I'll get pix of all the folks, too.  Tonight we all look pretty haggard; it's been a long day; tomorrow I'll get pix to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment