Tuesday, July 3, 2007

3rd day with nearly no rain!



















This is the look of our back flower bed after 20 days of rain and 3 days of some sunshine. The lavender is doing great, as is the ground cover and redbud! I'm pleased with them. I should be harvesting that lavender and cutting the woody parts out, but I haven't had time for that.























This is a shot of my little volunteer crepe myrtle. It gets to stay because it's white. The others, except for the parent of this one are a magenta color. I liked the white, so when this one came up I let it stay long enough to check it's color. Since it was white, it got to stay. Notice behind it is the Japanese Magnolia and it's blooming, again. It thinks it's spring, I guess, with all this rain. If you click on the picture you'll see the pink blooms.



















This is the front flower bed with the daisies blooming and the echinacea in full bloom. I'm wondering if the butterflies got flooded or confused by the rains, too? I'm happy to have the echinacea this long, but I'm surprised.

Today I defrosted our freezer, did laundry and I'm resting. I had a migraine and didn't realize it for the longest; just thought I was falling apart after yesterday. DUH. Migraines do that: disable my ability to reason and think. It wasn't painful and I didn't recognize the aura until the pain hit and then I put together the pieces. I don't get many anymore, so I forget how they work. I'm okay, now; I even felt like going out and getting these pictures.

This is our 3rd day with nearly no rain. Last night we had a little shower after I did the blog, but it didn't even register in our rain gauge. Don only pumped out 5 vacs today, so it's definitely slowing. WHEW! Maybe tomorrow will be down to 3 if it doesn't rain tonight! Tomorrow is the 4th and the preacher invites the church over to his place for a cookout every year. Their yard and our yard join, but he has all the work. It'll be fun; I hope it doesn't rain. Since it's church night, he'll have it from 4 - 6.

Blessings are abundant; I've lost count, but I keep giving thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Did you notice that your weather pixie has fireworks? How cool is that? If you ever see neat things you'd like on your blog, let me know and I'll see if I can add them. I've seen some interesting clocks and other weather thingies - there's a lot out there!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Trish! You are too much! I can barely keep up with the blog, let alone find new things to add. You manage 5 kids, a husband, you look after me and you can't even see your feet! You're amazing! Thanks! I hadn't noticed the fireworks on the weather Pixie; I'll go look! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete