Wednesday, July 4, 2007





























Things might be getting back to normal around here! We are so hoping so! The cows are back up by the fence, so THEY think it's normal! I went out to take their picture and on the way back noticed a mushroom growing on our old knarly tree. It looked like something out of a fairy tale, so I had to snap the picture and share it with you. Notice to the right the robin's nest that fell when we had that big awful rain and wind a couple of weeks ago. I like it to be there. The sedum has been blooming (yellow). It is so thriving with the rain. It does well in our normally dry weather, but it's doing so well with the moisture! Notice the windmill weeds that blew in and got caught in it. We hate those. They blow all over and pile up between the house and the fence on the side of the yard way up over my head! It's so hard to pick them up because they are so light. It's like picking up feathers. We've just ignored them this year with all the water problems. They never stacked up, so I don't know if they blew somewhere else or if they just didn't blow the same as usual. Anyway, when I get back from Houston I'll cut the blooms off the sedum and rake it all up together, I hope. Behind the tree is the path of stones that I put through the flower bed for the postman.

The cookout at the preacher's house went great; no rain! What a blessing!

I had some extra time to cut off a pair of jeans for capris today and even gave myself a haircut. I figure they will throw chemo at me in Houston, so I'll beat the chemo to my hair. Ha! It came back curly, and I really don't know what to do with it, so I keep cutting it. I expect it'll be gone before too long, so it's not a big issue. The last time I didn't lose it all, but I only had about 1/10 the chemo that I'll likely get this time. That reminds me; I'd better go pack my hats! I really don't think they'll give me any treatments in Houston this time; this will just be a diagnostic trip.

This is our 4th day with only a trace of rain one of those days. The basement is still seeping, but Don has only pumped out 2 full vacs and part of another today! If it doesn't rain tonight, I'm dreaming that it might go dry tomorrow! We're ready for DRY! God is good; He will give us what we need in abundance. I love all He gives us and find it all awesome and give Him praise and glory. Thanks for checking on us!

4 comments:

  1. 07-07-07 ---- They say "7" is God's perfect number, it would be a perfect day to receive God's healing ! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo and Don!! I am hoping too that your water problems have ended. You two have the endurance of 30 year olds! Are you driving to Houston or flying? Will pray for safe travel. Love you lots. Thnx for the interesting pics and taking time to do your blog. XO, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! The anonymous numbers person writes again. I'll take it! Thanks for your prayers. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Linda and Tom! Well, we had a dry spell in the basement for a while this morning, but it's seeping, again. UGH. We had .4 inch overnight, so we expected it to be coming in hard and fast, but it's barely seeping. Don hasn't vacuumed a full vac, yet. Go figure. Maybe the water had somewhere to go above ground, so didn't sink into the water table??? We just get rid of it; that's all we can do.

    We're driving to Houston; flying is way too much trouble. Thanks for your love and prayers! Love you both! Jo

    ReplyDelete