Tuesday, July 31, 2007

beautiful places









































Today was a day to catch up on some chores. I changed our sheets, did our laundry and gave Don a haircut. Then I napped. I still have hair, so I asked Don to take some pictures of me around some of the really pretty spots here. Doris has lots more pretty spots, but these are just a few.

I feel really good and have no complaints. I could complain about this bandage, because it is really itching, but I’m just counting down the days until we get it changed. (3 more days) In the mean time, I have other things to distract me. Luke (Doris and Jerry’s 3 month old grandson) will come Thursday for the day. That’ll make that day so fun! Tomorrow night is a night that they have a visiting preacher at church, so that’ll be interesting. There you go! Church tomorrow and Luke Thursday and then bandage change on Friday.

I think Friday might be the day I lose my hair, too. (My chemo book says 7-21 days and the wig lady says people report 14 days to her. Friday is day 14 for me.) I’m just ready for that to happen, so I can figure out how I will cope with that. I think it will be with hats. I have 3 with me, so I’m ready. The last time I lost my hair it came back curly; that’s been interesting. I never lost all of it because I had so little chemotherapy, but I expect to lose it all this time. I hope it comes back curly, again. That’s kind of a treat. Color would be really nice, too, but I think anything I get will be what God wants me to have, so it’ll be good for me.

God is great: I thank Him for the hope of treatment, for family, friends and beauty to enjoy all around me. Thank you for being part of that!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Jo, thanks for the pictures and the updates. Now these pictures are of the Jo we know. Some recently sorta showed a little pain and why not, you were having pain. Can't expect you to have that winning smile all the time! We are counting down the days when this will all be behind you and all will be fine!! God is so Good and He answers Prayers.
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks, Dot. I'm really feeling good these days, so the pictures should reflect that. I feel so fortunate and blessed!

    Thanks for your love, prayers and notes!

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. chores???? what are those? OH...you mean things that you get done when you don't have a five month old! i like to think my house has a nice protective coating of dust right now. the layers of laundry are getting smaller...the floors are almost clean now.....my porch is clean....the pool is no longer green.....but the dusting i have yet to get to! I am so glad you look and feel so good! I love you! I PROMISE TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAN AND SPOTLESS WHEN YOU COME HERE AGAIN! :) JILLY

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so good, Sissy! I am so proud of you and your courage and faith. Isn't our Father a wonderful Lord? I think of you so often and share your story with anyone who will listen. You are a shining example. I love you, my beloved Sister and Friend. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Jilly, don't worry about those chores. They'll all be there when Garrett and Elena are grown and gone. Don't worry about spotless when I come; all I want is to see the 10 year old and the 5 month old and you and Joe! I'll even be glad to see the dogs and cats. It'll be good to see you all, but Elena will be nearly grown it'll seem before we can make it there, again. I'm sure glad Garrett travels and we can catch him from time to time. I can hardly wait to get home to capture the pictures you mailed! Thanks for writing! Hugs and lots of love to all of you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Terri, thanks so much. You know the best part of my story is the support I'm getting from Itazuke people. Everyone has friends and family, but how lucky am I to have 'friends and family' from what seems like fantasyland??? That we even got to be there is something, but to find each other again?! Wow! Then I get to spend my worst days at MD Anderson (some yet to come with surgery, radiation, etc.) with Judy? Man, it's awesome to me and such a great gift. My mom and grandmother had breast cancer, but they didn't have the hope that I do and both lived many years and died of something else. I pray that I can follow their examples.

    Thanks for your sweet support; I'm never without your songs. I love you, Sis! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete