Thursday, July 26, 2007

Baby fix!


























Today has be a day of planning and unplanning! Yesterday we really thought we were going to Hawaii to house sit and do my chemotherapy. We even got the doctor part scheduled, but when I started reworking my airline tickets, the whole thing fell apart. It’s amazing the difference in the cost of tickets when the dates change. It got too complicated for me. The thing I’m supposed to be doing is de-stressing and suddenly it became a huge stress. That’s when I knew what we needed to do is go home. I had to undo all the plans we’d made for Hawaii and then start all over with plans to do my chemotherapy at home. I hope I can get all that done tomorrow.

I hesitate to say we will or won’t do anything because it seems like anything can change at any moment. I did talk to a doctor’s office in Lawton today that really impressed me with their compassion, so I hope we can schedule to work with them. Lawton is only an hour for us to drive and we only have 14 or so tarantulas to meet on the way instead of 14 million other cars like there are here! The drive to Lawton and home will be peaceful. It’s ALWAYS good to be home, too. I know people think we don’t like home since we travel so much, but we love home. It’s just that we love traveling, too. Right now, home will be a blessing.

It’s been such a blessing to have Doris and Jerry and Judy and Aki who opened their homes and made us feel so at home here in Houston! I don’t even have the vocabulary to adequately thank them. I’m really a poor guest because I’m either on the computer or asleep, so I’m not much company. They have been so good to just let me be and understand my comings and goings and time on the computer and napping. Besides that they take care of Don and FEED us wonderfully! Doris and Jerry have even shared their new grandsons so that we get our baby fixes. We miss all our kids so much. We hated missing the end of Bruce’s ball season. We’re missing a lot, but we got to see a lot before the season ended, too, so I aim to count the blessings instead of whine about what we’ve missed.

Pictures on the blog today are of Doris with their boys. Brett’s son, Luke was here today and napped on Doris’s lap and then later played in the floor in his own little ‘jungle.’ He’s such a sweet baby! The day before yesterday we went over to Stephanie and Gregg’s and caught Colter before he napped, but before I got smart and got the camera ready, he crashed on Doris’ shoulder. He’s a precious little guy, too. These little guys may be keeping me going. It’s sure hard to be here when we’ve only got to spend two days with our newest one! And Elena is growing up without us in Kentucky. That’s life and it’s sweet. We’re so proud of all of them and love these boys, too! God has so abundantly blessed us with family and friends. Thank you for being among our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment