Tuesday, July 24, 2007





Today has been a really full day! I’ve talked to nurses all day off and on about first the port and then chemotherapy in Hawaii!

We scheduled the port to be put into my arm tomorrow. I think I know what is happening, now, but I’ll explain it tomorrow to be sure I tell you right. I believe it is a power picc that will be used for giving my chemo as well as for drawing blood and injections for ct scans. That’s my understanding, but tomorrow I should know for sure.

I talked to the nurse in Hawaii today and she was unclear about my orders, so I talked to the nurse here and got the two of them together so that they can get the orders straight. I didn’t even know what my orders were, so I learned that, too. My orders are for me to have a treatment each week for 12 weeks, and then I will go to a different kind of treatment, which will be a treatment every 3 weeks instead of each week. That second round of treatments will last for 12 weeks, too. I also talked to the nurse in Hawaii about Don’s fears about what if I have problems while in Hawaii. She assured me that they can take care of whatever complication might happen and that the hospitals there are very capable of whatever I could need. It’s not a DONE DEAL, but we’re leaning that direction, again. We had been leaning toward staying home for the treatments, but it’s looking more like we’ll go to Hawaii, now. I’m excited about that.

I figure I can lose my hair anywhere; Hawaii is good for that! I can be sick anywhere. When I was a kid I got sick every time I felt motion and my mom carried a barf bag everywhere we went. I can do that, again; I’ve had lots of practice. Maybe I won’t even get sick! The other side effects are joint pains and dry skin; why not Hawaii? So, we’re leaning toward Hawaii. We’ll decide for sure before this week is done.

The pictures on the blog today are pictures of Don and I as we hold Elena when she was about a week old (back in early March) and pictures of Don and I last week as we held Raynie when she was just about a week old. These have got to be the glory days for us! What a great year this has been; two new granddaughters and three new great nephews! God so richly blesses us and we give thanks for these precious little people in our lives. We thank Him for you, too. Thank you for your love and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment