Wednesday, July 11, 2007

All you Itazuke people should be so jealous because Judy and Aki and Don and I are having such a great reunion! No kidding. It’s really a joy to be here and having this time together.

The pictures on the blog today are Aki and I in one and Don and Judy in the other. We were eating out at a barbeque place last night.

Last night I stayed up until 1 reading and answering emails and writing the blog. I guess I was a little afraid to go to bed, thinking it would hurt. I got so tired that I didn’t feel anymore, so I went to bed and had no problem sleeping. Then this morning they let me sleep until I woke up. (Don thinks that’s the funniest expression, but it means a lot to me. There’s a big difference in sleeping until I wake up and sleeping until he or the alarm wakes me!) Then I got up and had breakfast and took a bath and went back to bed! I couldn’t have a bath yesterday, so I was so glad to get one today. Going back to bed was a joy, too! Then I took a nap even after that. I think Don was catching up on his emails and Judy had some errands she was running. It was just a great lazy day for me.

I kept bleeding through my Band-Aid today, so that I was washing blood out of all my pajamas and gowns all morning. I finally figured out that I needed a bigger Band-Aid and that solved that problem. It was just enough blood to have me doing hand laundry all morning. I am still very sore and tender, but otherwise I’m feeling fine and doing well.

The doctor took me off all my herbs and vitamins in case the Oncologist thinks some of it might interfere with the treatments he plans for me. She didn’t want any delay in my treatment because I have to wait a couple of weeks to get something out of my system. So, those of you who know that I usually take a fist full of herbs and vitamins will know what a joy it is for me to eat with no capsules! Of course I could choose to do that all the time, but I really believe all those pills keep me in pretty good health; they just couldn’t fight the cancer. They may have fought it off for a decade, or they may give me the strength to fight it. I’m thinking the doctor will let me go back to most of them. I’m still drinking the Essiac Tea. Ick, but it is supposed to be good for my immune system and will be important to continue when I start the chemo.

Thanks for checking on me. I count you all as blessings in my life. God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures MaryJo (BTW..how can a semi ancient woman like Judy look like she is 35 years old?)
    I'm thrilled that you are in her capable hands now MaryJo. I'm so optimistic about the outcome of this treatment. I hope you realize you can use me as a stopping point on your way back through here....just let me know. I mean it. LOve you ....Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seni ancient woman and I loved your post! You had us laught out loud! She is amazing, isn't she?

    You are a doll to offer your place as a stopping place on the way back through. I'd LOVE to see you! We likely won't be coming through when you aren't at work, though, and we won't want to stop for a night. Once we get loose from here we will so want to be HOME. We're dying to get to see that new granddaughter! We might go straight there. We really have no idea when we can be loose from here. But, thanks so much for your offer. I always recall that Terri and I were going to meet there some weekend, and we just can never make that happen! It's still a dream, though!

    Thanks so much for your support. I asked Judy today who people turn to who don't have Itazuke friends! I love you! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete