Friday, July 6, 2007









Okay, the basement is officially pronounced DRY! We put up the hose, vac, and pump and we 'sealed' the escape hatch. We left everything pushed to the high side, so someone can easily manage the water if it comes while we're gone, but we think it's safe down there. Whew! Praise God. He refreshed our ground and taught us that we can live with it.

MD Anderson people called me last night and today to make sure we know the way and know to bring money. Ha! I spent much of the afternoon talking to the insurance company. I got the distinct idea that I needed to be educated. So, I'm laden with policy, highlighter, notes, checkbook and plastic. Besides that God is in my heart, and Don is holding my hand, so I'm braced.

Trish says she thinks the baby is going to wait until we get home. Well, maybe. Anyway, she said they can do it without us right there, and I'm sure that's true. They make childbirth such a fun thing. I just hate to miss anything. God knows how this big picture will look when it's done, so we trust Him.

Today's pictures are so cool. One is of an awesome sunset that Ruthie sent me from Springville, Tennessee; besides that they have AWESOME birds!!! The birds were our favorite thing when we lived there; I probably missed all the great sunsets!

One is of Ruthie and I in our kitchen when she and Phil were here back in the spring. It's a treasure to me to remind me of them being here!

The last one is of our friend, Steve Crawford, who we knew from working together years ago when we lived in Oklahoma City. He does magic shows all over the country for a living and he was doing a session with kids at the library in Hobart today. It was so cool. I was a kid today; I know I enjoyed it as much as the kids did, plus I got to see Steve in his realm! We had lunch with him before the session at the library, and I got to stay and watch while Don mowed the grass. (We could have watched the grass grow this last week if we hadn't been so busy in the basement! That grass loves water!)

Life is good. God is GREAT! Thanks for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment