Monday, July 2, 2007

Busy day; no pictures.

You'll have to pardon me for not taking time to take pictures today. It's been super busy. We've got the car all packed to go when Trish calls to tell us the baby is on the way. I need to get another bag ready in case we have to go to Houston from there, but I have everything ready to go be a grammy.

I wanted to leave the house in good shape, so I changed the sheets on our bed and also Sadie's from when she was here a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't changed it, so I was behind on that. Now it feels better to be caught up. I dusted everywhere and did the hard floors and Don did the vacuuming. Whew! That's a big day. I'll be glad when we get settled in and get someone to do the cleaning. That's on my list of first things to do when we get home for a while. I don't want to hire someone and then leave, but I'm definitely going to get some help.

I also went and got my mammogram films from the mammogram last November. They have to go to Houston with me. I also talked to the insurance company to see what kind of approvals we need from them, etc. So, that detail is behind me.

We went to the Mexican restaurant for dinner with Dorothy and David and our friend Charlene, who was in the wreck last year when we were on our way to Tijunana. She's amazing and it was a fun dinner.

Now, we're going to watch Extreme Makeover. They have a guy on with a prosthesis (leg), and I want to see that. Charlene lost her leg in that accident and she's doing wonderfully well.

Frank is doing well today. Things are falling into place. If we can just have this baby before we go that will be MY plan. I've learned that God's plan is so superior to mine, so I have to be patient and see what date He has in store for this birth.

Today we have had NO RAIN for the second day in a row! We still have water seeping into the basement, but it has slowed tremendously. Don has only gotten 7 or 8 vacs full in the basement today. Whew. Bless his heart; he did that and the upstairs, too. He said the upstairs vac was simple after the basement job he's had! God love him!

Thanks for keeping an eye on our doings. I'm sorry I just didn't have the energy to take pictures today. Maybe soon we'll have baby pictures to share! God is GREAT and we thank Him for richly blessing us. I'm anxious to get into that clean bed!

Oh! I should tell you that I let Jethro free yesterday; he's in the backyard gulping down mosquitos for us, I hope! Also, I learned today that tarantulas cross the road when they are mating, and they are not dangerous to humans.

2 comments:

  1. My goodness... you did have a busy day! You've spoiled us with pictures, but we'll just look forward to new grandbaby pictures! I'm so glad Don has license to run those vacs...he's a keeper! You've not only provided us with uplifting stories and awesome pictures...now you are educating us as well! That's in reference to the fact that tarantulas cross the road when mating...I did not know that. You are so special, and I hope you have another wonderful day! Love you! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, is Don ever a keeper! That was so amazing seeing all those tarantulas! I didn't have time to look up about them yesterday, but I couldn't wait to know what was happening with them. Love you so much! MJ

    ReplyDelete