Wednesday, July 18, 2007




Hello from Houston! We made it all the way here in good time, today; we were surprised how easy the trip went. Maybe we’re getting good at this trip! Our appointment with the oncologist is tomorrow at 1. I expect to be spending most of the afternoon at the clinic, but that is likely another case of faulty expectations. I hope to be able to give a good report on tomorrow’s blog.

We know that I have cancer and we know that I am likely to lose both breasts. I only have cancer in one breast, but the kind I have has a tendency to recurr in the other breast, so I'm so ready for both of them to be GONE! I don’t consider that a loss. I consider that a fight in the cure. I didn’t have breasts before I was 12 and I can remember those were great times; I’m not afraid to go there, again! We expect to have chemo, we just don’t know if it will be before or after the surgery. We don’t know what particular chemo will be prescribed nor what the time schedule will be; it will depend on the specific kind of cancer I have and what my receptors are. (I don’t even understand what it is I’m saying, so if you’re confused, join the crowd.) I don’t know if they will recommend radiation or not. Whatever they recommend I will do to the best of my ability and give thanks to God for their expertise.

I miss Summer Rayne and all her siblings so much! I think I talked to them two or three times today, and they are doing fine. The good thing about visiting is that it was so awesome, but the bad thing is leaving is so hard!!!

We talked to Davy today and he reported that the guys are doing great at their world series in Memphis. Man, we sure hate to be missing that! It’s good to be able to get the reports from Davy, though. The boys are playing well. They’ve lost one game, so they can’t lose another, but they are a great team and they have the ability to recover from a loss, so we’re very confident. Of course they’ve done well to have come this far, but I’d love to see them go all the way; they are so awesome in my eyes.

Aki and Judy prepared Japanese Sukiaki tonight for our dinner. We even used chopsticks! We took pictures that I will put on the blog tomorrow if I get time to do that. My basket of blessings is so incredibly full and I give thanks! Thank you for keeping up with us! The pictures on the blog tonight are Sadie holding Raynie, Gabe holding Raynie while we play canasta (Nate overseeing) and Grace overseeing as Trish feeds Raynie . . . great memories for Grammy and Poppy!

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you all day, Sissy. I hope you felt me holding your hand in your heart. I was singing too. I was making a joyful noise unto the Lord...lol. I love you.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. MaryJo,
    Hey...that adorable girl in the pink multicolored top looks just like you..she is very lucky. I will be thinking about you tomorrow..hang in there. Love Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, I heard you singing, Girl! It was a great day and I love you for being there with me! Love you, Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, Thanks for your thoughts. We felt good support today. Gracie is the sweetie in pink and she is such a treasure to us. I love it that you think she looks like me; that makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. :) Thanks for hanging with us, Dana; it means so much! Love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete