Monday, July 30, 2007


















Today was a great photo opportunity day, but we let it slip! We went shopping for wigs and it would have been a great time to take pictures, but we just didn’t think to do it. I had the camera in my pocket, but our brains must have been taking the day off. I didn’t buy a wig; it just looked so silly. I imagine that’s because I have hair and when I go in bald, the wig will look really good! We’ll see. She did tell me that her customers tell her that hair falls out on the 14th day. That’ll be this Friday for me. So, maybe on Saturday (or Friday!) I’ll go back in and buy that wig. I have 3 hats with me, so maybe I’ll just be happy with a hat. We’ll see.

Anyway, the pictures on the blog today are Grace with Raynie and Garrett reading a book to Elena. How wonderful it is to have older siblings and new babies! We sure miss the kids and are so grateful for nephews here to share their babies with us!

Today I’ve felt fine. God is so good! I did a better job of managing my meals and rest, so I’m sure that helps. My arm is beginning to itch and burn under the bandage on my PICC, so I’m thinking they may have to go to yet another kind this week when they change it. I’m thinking the alcohol is going to be another trauma, too, but I’ll be braced for it this time. After tonight it’ll only be three more days until I get it changed. Even if I’m allergic to this tape, at least the bruising will be some better, so it won’t be quite as sore. Also, this week Dr. Don will be changing my bandage and I will know that he is doing his very best to be gentle with me. I’ll have to behave because I don’t want to freak him out! This bandage changing session is important; he has to pass it by doing it right so that we can go home and do it. No pressure on him at all; ha! God will give us the strength; He always has. Besides I have lots of people holding my hand through all this. I feel so blessed that we’ve made it through two chemo treatments and are doing so well. We’ll get through this next one and then after 4 days we’ll see the doctor. Then we hope she’ll send us home for the rest. It’s wonderful here, but home will be so sweet!

I still am in awe that Judy and Aki and Doris and Jerry have just opened their homes and let us homestead with them. What a blessing to not have to be in a hotel through all this! Each time I think of it I find myself in another moment where my breath is taken away. God has such a plan! Doris is Don’s sister, but Judy is my friend from 7th grade in Japan. How many kids get to go to Japan, let alone keep friends from that many years ago??? All I know is that God is so good to me! Look at the notes on my blog; if they write to Mary Jo, then they are folks from years I spent in Japan and you’ll see lots of support coming from those people. That so blows me away. All the support is awesome and means so much to me. I thank God and I thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Since Dr. Jane has left to attend her Church Circle meeting I am now back on the COMPUTER.

    Go, Mary Jo, Mary Jo, Mary Jo!!

    Gene…(64)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gene, you warm my heart. Keep me posted on Dr. Jane and her progress, as well as YOURS!

    Cobra hugs,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete