Friday, July 13, 2007



Yeah, right! Judy was acting like she'd drink my icky stuff (barium) that I had to drink before the cat scan. I got it down. Then they had a hard time getting a vein for the cat scan. Judy was taking a picture of my grimace, but it looks like she got me asking for God's help in the other picture; He got 'er done.
Judy has been so awesome to take us there and stay with us all day! It is really such a comfort to have her with me in those ugly times, like when they can't get a vein. It's also a comfort to know that she's out there in the waiting room with Don when she can't be with me, too.
We don't have a thing planned for here until next Thursday when the appointment is with my oncologist. They didn't have anymore pathology report to give us today and they didn't have any results from any of today's tests. They just kept saying, "Your doctor will go over all this with you in your appointment." So, we're not staying. We're leaving for home in the morning. We'll go re-plan our packing; check out the new water in the basement; go to Tricia's on Monday after we get the mail; stay there until Wednesday morning, and then head back to Judy's house Wednesday night.
Our next door neighbor and preacher, Bill has pumped 80 gallons of water out of the basement today. We fear there might be lots more and really don't want to monopolize his time; everyone in town leans on him and his expertise is much more valuable than to wear him out pumping water out of our basement! We have our taxes waiting for us in the mail, too. We'll get them out of the mail on Monday morning at 9 and then beat it to see that Summer Rayne and her family!
We're in good shape. We are leaning toward doing the chemo here. We'll just have to wait and see what all the doctor has to say on Thursday. The waiting is a bummer, but we'll stay distracted. I'll keep you posted the best I can.
I love you all so much for caring enough to constantly check on us. God is so good. Count the blessings with me.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jo!! Is that the "grimace" you told me Judy caught and you weren't sure you would put on blog??!! You are STILL smiling...most of us don't look as well when we "grimace"!!! Thanks so much for your phone call tonight; Dot was worried when she didn't find anything on blog so I was glad I had talked to you. (She'll be pleased in the morning to see you still smiling!) You are so special to all of us...especially me. Have a good "rest" from Houston and being poked for the next few days and squeeze that baby for me! Love you! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. MORE PICTURES OF SUMMER! :) AUNT JILLY IS GOING CRAZY.....WELL, I GUESS I'VE BEEN THAT WAY A VERY LONG TIME....BUT THE THOUGHT OF BEING CRAZIER THAN USUAL IS FRIGHTENING FOR THOSE AROUND ME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie, you know how digital cameras are. I thought sure Judy got it at my worst, but I think the camera was asleep. I'm sure I had a worse face when I heard the click. It does look like God relaxed me, though. Really, He DID!!! It was such a comfort to have Judy there with me. It was good to come home! "Freedom" feels good!

    All the kids will get lots of sqeezes and I'll get your share, too and give them some for you.

    Love and miss you! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jilly, I'm going to burn the camera up getting pictures! You know how I did with Elena; I'll get a good collection of Summer Rayne, too! We can hardly wait for Monday to get here so we can get to OKC and see her, hold her, and get pictures.

    I'll just put 3 at a time on the blog, but I'll send you all I get as I get them.

    Hug my Elena and Garrett for me!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete