Saturday, July 21, 2007

July 21




















We have enjoyed a day with Doris and Jerry. We moved here today from Judy and Aki’s house. It was wonderful at Judy and Aki’s house, but we thought they should have their house back after we had invaded them for the last two weeks. We are PROFUSELY grateful to them for opening their home and their hearts to us. Judy took us everywhere and sat with us for hours on end in the clinic! Word cannot express how much better they made this time for us! They turned what could have been very stressful into a great reunion!

I am feeling fine, only very tired. I say that, but I have to tell you this funny thing. I don’t eat much red meat at all, but Don insists that I start eating it to help to keep my red blood cell count up during this chemotherapy. So, Don’s favorite dinner is hamburgers and mine is pinto beans; of course Doris made that for supper tonight. I was amazed and remarked at how delicious my burger was for dinner. As we were cleaning up the dishes we noticed a burger left on the plate . . . I had skipped putting my burger onto my sandwich. I just had a tomato, onion, pickle and mustard sandwich . . . and LOVED it. Maybe the chemo IS affecting me! They talk of chemo brain around here and I think I must be getting it. If it gets no worse than this, I’m in good shape. I’ll be fine, anyway; I’m sure there will be worse days, but I’m braced for them and have great support.

We took pictures of us in Doris and Jerry’s back yard. We love it out there. They have mockingbirds that are really entertainers, but I couldn’t catch them with the camera, yet. Maybe I’ll get them before our week is done.

Thanks for looking and loving us. God is so great and we thank Him for you and all our rich blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment