Wednesday, November 12, 2008

75 days of vitamins and herbs packaged!


This picture is me with my last daisy and the current rebloomers. I’m so enjoying them. God’s abundance amazes me. These flowers get so little attention, but they keep producing and delighting me! I don’t look so delighted in this picture; I’m tired after throwing and packaging herbs and vitamins all day.

Today I finished up 75 days of herbs and vitamins for me. I did Don’s before we went to Houston; now I’ve got half of mine done. I’ll do the other 75 days when we get back from our Thanksgiving trip. This gets me enough to get me through that trip and another several weeks. I’m working to have enough done to get us through our Branson trip in the winter. I thank God that I have this many done and only have one more ‘batch’ to do. Then I can relax about all that for several months!

Another thing from the retreat that I shared last night was the concept of the presence of an ‘altar’ transforming ordinary space into something special. An altar is anything you have displayed. So, like if you have a picture of a loved one on the wall, then that space becomes very special space. Likewise, if you keep a memento of a trip displayed somewhere in your home, then that space takes on whatever was special about that trip. Man, did that ever validate my clutter habit! HA! Really, it did make me want to de-clutter and keep only the things that have special meaning.

Another thing we discussed at the retreat and I repeated last night is that someone else’s perspective can add so much to one’s understanding. It’s why support groups are so good and why discussion classes are so helpful in any kind of class. It’s good to have someone else’s opinion on something because they have a different perspective and their view can help one to expand their understanding of a topic. It sure helped us when we were talking with other cancer patients and caregivers!

God’s plan for people is so great. He put us in families; what a blessing! He made us social so that we group with people of like interests. We can and do help each other; what a happy way to live. I thank Him for families and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment