Saturday, November 29, 2008

Too much fun!


I have fun like this all the time, but we don't get pictures of it. Of course I don't always have Blake for my play buddy, like this, but I have fun a lot and we don't get pictures of it. Don used to never take pictures, but he knows I need pictures for the blog, so I hand him the camera and he takes two or three pictures, so I'll get one with my eyes open and a decent smile. They're always so posed, though. I love pictures like this one where it is so real. Deanna (Blake's mommy and Ruthie's daughter; my niece) got this picture of Blake and I last night. When they first came over Blake kept his eyes on Don and I and I wondered if he'd ever warm up to us. Sure enough he got to running around and I was sitting on the hearth. I eased down onto the floor, got closer and closer to his path, and reached out and grabbed him and tickled him. He loved it and we did it several times after that. He totally trusted me, then. Don did his rendition of a bird until Blake was in his lap, too. What a precious little guy he is! All of Deanna's boys are really awesome guys. I'll have pictures of all of them on the blog soon.



Today was a fun day. We rode into Paris, the 'big' town about 15 miles from here in Springville. Don and Phil dropped us off at the nursing home to see a couple of our friends who are there for rehab, one after breaking a hip and the other after radiation treatments to a brain tumor. Ruthie and I enjoyed visiting while Don and Phil went to the co-op to do some shopping. After they picked us up we made a quick stop at Lowe's and then came home the long way seeing some old sights that brought back memories from when we lived here. We really enjoyed it. Then David, Ruthie's son, came over this afternoon; it was good to see him!



I got all my exercises done today, including a short walk. This is a great place to walk, but the dogs get so stressed over me and they make me uncomfortable. When I got the 20 minutes the doctor ordered done, I came on inside. Ruthie loaned me a pillow for my arm last night and my night was much better. She has one just like the one I use at home, so it was perfect. My arm has been much better today. I also go to do the pulley exercises that I haven't done since I left home, so that might have made a difference, too.



It's been football all afternoon for the guys and it's topped off with OU playing OSU. I'd better go watch; there's only 2 points difference!



I thank God for such a wonderful trip. It's so wonderful to see lots of people we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment