Friday, November 28, 2008

Made it to Ruthie's!




Woohoo! We made it to Ruthie's! Then Ruthie and I went over to see Dot, Frazier, and Janie (who comment on the blog from time to time) for a bit. We surprised them, so we caught Janie in her fantastic Crocks. Is that the right way to spell it? Those great shoes I lived in last winter and wear all over, still; she's discovered their comfort! I read last night that they are great shoes for people who have lymphedema in their legs, by the way. (I don't have it in my leg, but I thought that was interesting.) Janie sent me a bird picture last year because I was so crazy about the birds building a nest on our door. It was fun to meet her today.


Then tonight Deanna and John brought their boys Phillip, Alex and Blake over for a visit. What fun! I got some pictures of them that I'll post soon. It's great to be here! I thank God for our safe trip and for all the folks we're getting to see.


I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful and that your thank-you box is full! Thanks for checking on us.


I feel great. My arm is bothering me at night, but that's because I forgot to bring my pillows to keep it propped when I sleep. I had some in the car I should have been using and I brought one in to use tonight. Of course, it'll help to get back to doing my exercises like I should, too. I've done about half of them today and I'll finish before I go to bed. I've got to be diligent with the exercises if I want to manage the lymphedma and I DO want to manage it. I sure don't want it to get away from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment