Sunday, November 9, 2008

Walking is such an inspiration.


This is today’s picture with another iris arrangement and the last daisy of the year. I didn’t roll my hair or do anything but brush it today. I’m learning. Maybe it will be worth rolling it when I wash it. We’ll see. I think when I go to Branson and swim everyday I’ll forget rolling it. We’ll see.

Today was full of church and mixing. The Future Teachers of America have a great lunch every year to raise funds and today was the day. It’s always fun because it seems like the whole town comes for it and the food is delicious. David and Dorothy and our neighbors, Bill and Olya ate with us. It was fun. After lunch we went out to Dorothy and David's and helped them rearrange the furniture in their living room. Man, I was so ready for a nap when we got home, but it was time to walk. I had to really push myself, but I did it. Whew. By the time I got back it was time to get supper and then get back to church.

I’m cooking some food for this week. A good friend passed away after several years of Alzheimer’s and I’m fixing a pasta salad for the meal after her funeral. Another friend’s sister passed away and her funeral will be Friday. I’ll probably cook for that family meal, too. We’ve been down that road and the meal for the family is really a good time for the church to provide, so I enjoy participating. I thank God that I am able! Then I’m fixing a salad for Tuesday night’s ladies salad supper, too. (I have to get my thoughts together for that devotion, too. I’m about ready; I just need to get it down on paper so if my chemo brain takes over I can fall back on some notes.)

Today’s walk was really good. Of course Don stayed home and watched football. My friend, Deb, who would normally walk with me was home nursing her husband , who had knee surgery Friday. So, it was just me and God. God’s a great walking buddy and He provided such a beautiful day. We can cover a lot of territory in an hour! I’ve done everything but jiggle today; that’s the easiest of my exercises; I just have to lay there with my arms out and let the machine jiggle me for 15 minutes. It’s just hard to find the 15 minutes!

Find 15 minutes to do something good for your back; I challenge you! Most of us have achy backs; just sitting or laying down or walking will help; give it 15 minutes and see if you don’t feel better!

2 comments:

  1. Can you just come here already? I miss you TOO much! I love seeing the pictures of your hair!

    Love you!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be there before you know it. We can hardly wait, too! You've got to coach me about this hair; I need your help!

    Love and miss you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete