Saturday, November 15, 2008

'Our' sweet Blake.


The pictures tonight are of “our sweet Blake.” Blake is Ruthie’s littlest grandson and he will be 2 in January. We’re so excited to be seeing him and his big brothers, Phil and Alex, the weekend after Thanksgiving. I asked Ruthie for a current picture so I wouldn’t be too shocked when I see him, and she sent these. I can’t believe what a big boy he is; they sure don’t stay babies for long! I’m sure glad she sent these pictures; I would have been floored to see him this big. His brothers call us Aunt Grammy and Uncle Poppy because we lived there when Phillip was born and he was sure our grandbaby fix. We treasure the memories of time we get to spend with them. Their Daddy, John, is full time with the Tennessee Army National Guard and when I was in Tijuana having hypothermia treatments he supported me by telling me to imagine him and the whole Tennessee Army Guard there to get me through it. One of the best compliments I ever got was when someone at their wedding said Deanna (Blake’s mommy) looked like ME. I think we were both smiling big like Blake is in the second picture, so I guess Blake looks like me, too? HA! Anyway he’s enjoying God’s brisk fall weather like his Aunt Grammy does. Thanks, Ruthie, for sharing these pictures. I can hardly wait to see all of your family and our friends in Springville!

Today was really cold here with big wind, but I made it through my walk. I dressed for it and did just fine. I even wore ear muffs and I was sure glad I did!

We visited David and Dorothy a little while ago and made up a cot for her to sleep right next to him. She really doesn’t want to leave his side, and I’m so glad that she is able to stay there with him. He’s doing a lot better. He doesn’t feel good by any means, but he was talking and laughing and yesterday he didn’t feel like saying anything more than was absolutely necessary and he didn’t have the breath to laugh. I’m so glad to see him going in the right direction! I thank God for a local hospital and doctors to take care of us when we crash around here!

Tomorrow is our fellowship meal after church and I’ve got my food made. It feels good to be prepared. I’m going to go jiggle, take a bath and go to bed early. Don is staying up to watch football and I’m treating myself to going to bed early; I aim to do that a lot, and mostly NEVER really get it done. I keep finding something that has to be done. Tonight I’m going to really do it.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, so nice of you to share our little Blake & your nice comments. He is growing up so fast and its breaking my heart. It doesn't seem like Phillip should be much older than that and here he is in high school lol SOMEBODY SLOW THIS BUS DOWN!

    We are soooo excited about you comin and can't wait to see you guys. Do I need to send a picture too, so you won't be so shocked? lol just kidding, just hurry up and get here!!

    You look great! :)

    Love you bunches!
    Blake's mommy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, just looking over the post and noticed that the "g" didn't make it on the word COMING....I may have turned country, but not THAT country! lol Just correcting the typo....ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deana, you are so right about the bus going so fast, but I don't know any way to slow it! Sure, send me pictures of everyone, PLEASE! I never see too many and I know you are all changing.

    Don't worry about spelling; we do this for fun and communication, not grades! Ha!

    Love you,

    Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete