Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy face.

Tonight’s picture is my happy face! The cleaning lady came today and sparkled up the house. I got all the laundry done yesterday, so it feels good to have things ready for a minute. Now, I get to get things all in a row for taxes. ICK. There’s always something hanging over my head. I’ve got to get taxes in order before we take off on trips or Don will stew about it the whole time we’re gone. I don’t want him to have cancer, so the best thing to do is get this stuff done. I’m so grateful for the cleaning lady. She’s not Angela, but she gets the job done and I thank God for her.

Another thing I shared with the ladies that came straight from our retreat was this: “The Hebrew word for forgive actually means to drop it.” That’s very graphic to me and makes it so easy to comprehend The chaplain who did our opening session said that ‘Resentment and retaliation diminish you.” It doesn’t harm the person in your aim at all; but it diminishes YOU! That’s pretty graphic, too! It settles it for me. Forgive and forget resentment and retaliation; I love that motto. Someone with cancer doesn’t need ANYTHING to further diminish them; they are absolutely aiming to build clean and healthy cells. Don’t wait until you have cancer to realize that we are ALL about building clean and healthy cells. None of us want to give up any life by diminishing our own selves just for the ‘joy’ of holding something against someone. Besides, who of us wants to even aim any resentment or retaliation at anyone, no matter how evil they may have been to us; that would be stooping to their level! Interesting, huh? Maybe that is all about the concept of turning the other cheek.

Another thing I got from the retreat, that I forgot to share at the salad supper was this one: “A cure is one thing, but healing is even MORE.” Lots of people think that the doctors would like to take all the credit or MD Anderson would like to take all the credit. I think they see themselves as tools that God uses. That’s how I see it. I thank God for them. I thank Him for the cure and for the healing. I pray that I will do my part to maintain the healing that He has given me. That means I’ve got to get the tax stuff ready so that it doesn’t diminish me or Don! It would be stupid on my part to have a healing and then let taxes eat away at us. Duh!

Add Image

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the ideas about "resentment and retaliation"....such useless emotions!! One of my favorite quotes from "somewhere" is "being angry with someone or trying to get even is like drinking arsenic and hope THEY die"! Ain't gonna' happen! Love your "happy face"!!

    Love U, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote from 'somewhere!' Thanks for sharing it. I've already repeated it three times, I think!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete