Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy red shirt day!

This picture Don took before I left this morning for the second funeral I’ve attended this week. You can see that my arm is swollen and the right sleeve was bunched up. My other black blazer wouldn’t go on because the sleeve was so tight. It’s a reality that I’ll have to manage the rest of my life. I’m happy to trade it for breast cancer!

Happy red shirt day (support our troops)! It’s been a busy day for us. I took Dorothy to a funeral with me this morning. A friend’s sister died and we went. David wasn’t feeling well then. Later Dorothy called and said they thought they needed to take David to the hospital. We took him and he has pneumonia, again! Bless his heart. Due to all our running around we ended up eating lunch and supper out, so I feel stuffed. We’ll go in a bit and take Dorothy home. We hate to leave her at home alone, but she insists she will be all right. We’ll just have to leave her to God. No better than she can see, we sure hate to leave her alone. She did get a closed circuit TV this week that enables her to read pill bottle labels and can labels, etc. It’s a wonderful tool. I know how good it feels to be at home, too, so we’ll reluctantly take her home in a while. We came on home to get some odds and ends done.

Today it turned cold here. I think it was in the 50’s but the wind was blowing at 40 and 50 mph, so it felt really cold. I had to cut my walk short to go to the hospital with Dorothy and David, but I was freezing, anyway. Tomorrow I’ll have to bundle up; I’m going to have to be tough to walk through the winter. I can do it. I thank God that I can walk, so I’m not going to wimp out on Him just because it’s cold.

4 comments:

  1. Please give Dorothy and David a hug for me...they are so precious.
    I've walked for an hour, 2 miles, for two days in a row...ugh, it's a struggle, that park is so hilly but I'm committed to stick with it. I love you Sissy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think of you both so often, and are so sorry we don't keep in touch any better! You look beautiful! Tell Don hello and take care. We pray you have safe journeys wherever you may go. B & Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Terri! Good for you! I'm so proud of you for walking; I can just see you trudging along and hiking up those hills! I was thinking of you today as I scurried around the park. It helped to imagine we were walking together. You hang in there; if you don't go, then I'll probably walking by myself since Don doesn't do winter.

    Love you,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Brent and Zelma! You do just fine with keeping in touch. It's hard when we all have so many irons in the fire! We've known that we could call if we needed you and that's what counts. You know you can always call us, too.

    It's really good to hear from you, though. We hope to see you all soon; we should do a Shnell Thanksgiving some year. I think it was a couple of years ago at TG when we saw you all at Celia's; then right after that I started with this breast cancer 'trip.' We're going to KY this year for TG, but usually we stay home. Maybe we'll all get together soon before we let too many kids grow up out of sight!

    Love you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete