Sunday, November 30, 2008

Don is smelling home, I think.


These are Deanna's boys, with Phil. Alex will be 10 in January and Phillip is 14; Blake will be 2 in January. I was working hard to get a picture of Phillip with his eyes open, and his mother sent one to me, but I can't get it downloaded on Ruthie's dial up. We were up until 2 this morning getting that picture of Alex and me and still couldn't get it to post until after church today. Now I've been working for over an hour to get this one on and I'm too sleeping to be effective! I'm posting with this one and going to take a quick nap. When we get home and I can work with high speed I'll get a better picture of Phillip on the blog. They are wonderful boys, so I really wanted them on the blog. They are just the next best thing to grandkids for us!


It was wonderful to see lots of people at church this morning who we love from years ago when we lived here. This is such a fun visit. Ruthie and Phil bought the house we owned when we lived here and they've fixed it up really pretty. We love to sit and watch all the great birds who we loved when we lived here. As Don says, this is the best view we ever had, anywhere. Everytime we come back we're tempted to move back. We resist the temptation, though. Home is good.
We'll leave for home in the morning. I think Don is about done with living out of a suitcase. He wants to get up and leave really early, so I'll bet that means we'll drive all the way home. That's okay. It's been a wonderful trip and I thank God for giving us safe travels and lots of people to see. It's been WOW all the way. I really need to get home and get back to my full exercise routine. I can do it all here, but the walking is hard because I'm such a weenie over barking dogs and the cold. Between the two I can find an excuse to come inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment