Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pardon me for being so vain!



I am in such a state of baffle. I washed my hair today and tried blow drying it. NO WAY. I was never skilled at blowing dry straight hair, but these curls are way ahead of me! So I blew it dry and rolled it with hot curlers. I used to be good at that; not anymore. It took me forever to do and the curlers fell out about as fast as I got them ‘clipped.’ That was okay because this hair really was ‘uncurling’ and it responded quickly. I was so slow that it took what seemed like forever. I don’t like it much. It looks okay, but it feels floppy like my old hair did, so I worry that it’s falling flat and wonder if I should tease it and spray it. GAG. I don’t want to go THERE! I didn’t even like the rolling thing, or the drying. I’m so good at lazy, anymore!

What really has me baffled is the color! This hair looks blonde or brownish. The curly hair seems to be grayer. I have done NOTHING to the color. I think straightening it (with the rollers!?) highlights the color that is there better than the tight curls do. The color is okay, but it’s not worth all that effort. I’ll see what happens when I sleep on it and walk and sweat. I’m thinking the curls will just get tighter and tighter as the days pass and I‘ll look like the little gray haired lady with a perm in a few days. It’ll be interesting. I just shake my head when I look in the mirror and wonder who this is in my bathroom, now! It looks a lot like me, but I had gotten used to the little old lady with the perm look. Hmmm; I sure liked being lazy. I know I am not going to go back to hot curlers every day of life, again! Mascara is one thing, but curlers? I don’t think so! Gretta will advise me when I get there; I’ll bet Judy and Dana will, too. I think Ruthie will stick with me for the easy curls, but I’m not betting; she’s the one who taught me the curler thing a hundred years ago. Go ahead, I’m braced for it.

You know what? I’m thanking God for any hair! I’m thanking Him for the ability to raise my arms and use the curlers even if I am stale at it. I thank Him for the ability to walk and sweat! I’m thanking Him for the time and energy to mess with the dryer and curlers today I know that my life is so rich because of all He gives me, and hair with curls is such a treat. I must be silly to even get out the curlers! I just feel like I should be doing SOMETHING with it; I never had it so easy and I sure like the easy.

Oh! By the way, those are irises blooming in my yard, here on November 9th! I couldn’t have been any more thrilled if I’d found money in my flower bed! I so enjoy these rebloomers!

2 comments:

  1. MaryJo,
    I've been without internet for about 7 days (stupid Time Warner)..but I'm back now. I love the color of your hair..keep it the way it is. Its just a jumble of different colors and it could not be more lovely. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you are back! You must have been suffering withdrawals!

    I'm glad you like my hair; it's how it is. I'm not doing any coloring to it. I may cut it some and I've gotten hooked on the hot curlers. It's so easy; just curl it when I wash it and it's good until I wash it next. Woohoo!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete