Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I thought Don was tall!


This blog is going to say this is posted on the 18th, but that's because I saved this picture of the guys last night. I'm really posting on the 19th, but I don't know how to make the blog cooperate with me. Anyway, it's Wednesday night and I'm posting from Gina's house. This picture is of Don with Michael and Samuel, two of Peggy's sons who we saw last night. Those guys are so cool; we were so thrilled to catch them at home. They have another brother, who we missed, but we'll catch him another time.

Our trip continues to be a WOW because we got here today expecting Gina to be gone on a field trip, but she was here! Then she took off to take the two older kids to the dentist and we stayed home. Don and Brian visited and played with Ethan while I walked up and down their driveway to get in my walking. They live in the country on a farm, so the driveway to the road is a good little walk. Their dog wasn't too happy with me swinging my cane; I know she thought I was some kind of intruder with that cane. I'm scared of dogs, so I had my work cut out for me. She is a GENTLE white lab and has never barked at me until I was walking and swinging the cane. She was really confused; she'd bark and then wag her tail and walk a bit with me. After I got all my walking done GRETTA came zipping in the driveway with Garrett and Elena! They live about 2 hours from here and we're going to their house on Saturday, so we weren't expecting her at all. What a great visit we all had, then! Gretta and her kids just stayed for dinner and then left, but it was sure fun and a sweet surprise.

Everyone's in bed except me, now. Brian has to get up in a couple of hours to leave. He leaves tomorrow and will be home Saturday morning. (He's a pilot with UPS; at home he's a tree and hay farmer, hunter, carpenter, jack of all trades.) I'm thanking God for our safe travels and Gretta's safe trip, too and also for all this healthy family and the chance to be with them. We're out of cell phone range out here, so I didn't talk to Dorothy today, but I learned from Bill's e-devotion that David got to go home today! I know they are so pleased with that improvement! I thank God for that, too!

I didn't save anymore pictures to the blog, so I doubt if I'll have a picture on here tomorrow. Maybe I can swipe something from Gina to use!

2 comments:

  1. How would one access Bill's e-devotion? I think I'd like to read that!

    Glad you guys are having so much fun. Wish we could have come, too! Everyone looks so good at Peggy's house.

    Love,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Trish! Bill emails the devotional out every day, pretty much as he gets to it. All you have to do is send him an email at hobartchurch@att.net and ask him to include you on his email list and I'm sure he'll do it.

    They are awesome at Peggy's house and here, too. It's a great trip!

    Love and miss you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete