Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!



I wanted to download the pictures on the camera, but the batteries died on me today! UGH! So, I didn’t get to take lots of pictures of the fun day and I’ll have to wait until I get new batteries to download the pictures I did get. Oh, well. I’m thankful that I can get them once I get batteries.


This picture tonight is one of Elena with Poppy about to get her with his hand. She loves that game. Boy, she had a big day today! We all did. One couple who came lived in the apartment where they lived before moving into this house. They adopted them for her ‘grandparents on campus,’ since all their grandparents live states from here. Their son and daughter are grown but not married, so they adopt other people’s grandkids. I love that! Another couple from the apartments who have a 5 year old daughter and a 3 week old daughter came, also. Boy did all the grandparents have fun with those two! All the kids were in heaven. They all brought food and we all hurt ourselves eating!


I am not getting the exercises I’m supposed to be doing done, but I am getting plenty of exercise. I’ve carried kids and carried wood for the fireplace, not to mention lots of chopping and washing of pots and pans. It’ll be good to get back into my routine, but for now it’s a breakthrough for me to not get it done perfectly. Sometimes time with the family and friends is just more important; especially when it’s freezing outside. (Terri, if you’re walking and freezing, I’m proud of you!) I didn’t eat any sugar and that was hard!


We leave in the morning to go to Ruthie’s house. I hate to leave here, but I’m excited to go there. Woohoo, and Thank you, God for all of this!

2 comments:

  1. I am walking but the weather isn't bad here at all. I've picked a new route and like it better plus I take my MP3 player with some peppy music to keep me going. I had a quiet day by myself, just me and the pups. It was my choice. You know I hate to drive and Mike was going to be 3 hours away so I opted to stay home. I will see them tomorrow, they are coming for my birthday. Thank you for my card. I love you Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good for you! I'm so proud of you for keeping up the walking! I'll get back to it as soon as possible. I will tomorrow if it's not too cold and the dogs don't get me!

    If quiet, at home with the pups is what you wanted, then that's the way to go, Girl! Hope your birthday is awesome!

    Love you,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete