Sunday, November 16, 2008

The packing has begun.


So, I’m out of pictures of something interesting, so here’s how I look tonight after church and almost ready for bed. I’ve got about a half hour of exercises to do while I watch TV, then I’m ready to crash again. I’ve been packing lamps, etc. to take to Gretta. We have way too much stuff in this house and her house is new and she has space available.

Wow, today was a gorgeous day, again. I thought we were done with great days, but it was wonderful for walking. Don had a men’s meeting at church, so I walked by myself. I walked up to the hospital and visited Dorothy and David and stopped by the nursing home to visit some folks there who are special. David is doing a little better all the time, but his progress is slow. It’s amazing that Dorothy can stay there with him, sleeping on a cot. She’s had back surgery and a broken wrist in the last few months, not to mention that she’s up in her 80’s! She’s amazing!

We’re both excited about this trip. It’s going to be so good to spend some days with Gina and her family, Gretta and her family, and then top it off with a visit with Ruthie and her family and all the friends we knew when we lived there. It seems like a really long time since we’ve made this trip, so I thank God for the ability to make it. We’ll stop on the way and see Trish and Raynie; all the rest of her kids are in school. She has some things to send to Gretta. Then we’ll see Gina’s 3 kids and Gretta’s 2, so we’re going to get a good grandkid fix! Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment