Monday, November 17, 2008

Almost ready to go!

The picture tonight is my sister, Ruthie. I couldn’t resist putting her on here because we’re headed to see her the day after Thanksgiving. Woohoo! We’re all packed except for what we put in at the last minute in the morning. We’re going to leave at 6, so we’re getting up at 5. We can take turns driving and sleeping if we get sleepy along the way.

We’ll eat breakfast on the way to give us a break. Then we’ll stop at Tricia’s in OKC and catch some hugs from her and Raynie. (The other kids will all be gone to school, so we’ll miss them this time.) Trish has some stuff to send to Gretta and she left some stuff here when they were here, so we’re trading ‘stuff.’ We’ll be on our way and make it to St. Louis tomorrow evening to catch a quick visit with our niece, Peggy. Maybe we’ll catch some of her 4 kids. We’ll head onward and spend the night sometime after St. Louis. Wednesday morning we’ll head to Gina’s and get there sometime in the afternoon. We’ll stay there until Saturday afternoon, when we’ll head for Gretta’s. We’ll stay at Gretta’s for Thanksgiving and then head to Ruthie’s on the Friday after TG and stay there until Monday or Tuesday when we’ll head for home. We’re so excited about this trip because we’ll get to spend a little time at Gina’s, Gretta’s, and Ruthie’s.

I will post as often as I can, but I’m not sure I’ll have Internet access everywhere. I may have access, but not be able to post pictures. Hang tough with me. I’ll take pictures and post them after we get home if I can’t post them along the way. If you don’t see a new post, don’t worry. Just know that we’re on the move and having a great time visiting. I feel great these days. I have no complaints, whatsoever. (Well, my back always hurts, but that has nothing to do with the cancer; it has everything to do with my back’s issues. At 60 I can expect to hurt somewhere, right? With a couple of ‘snags’ in my back, I just know to take the best care of it that I can and keep up the walking and jiggling; those are the best things for it and they both help with my breast cancer recovery, too. I’m blessed that exercise for one is also good for the other.)

I thank God that we are healthy to make this trip! I’ve got to jiggle, take a bath and wash and roll my hair, then I’m READY! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment